Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Patience (or a lack thereof)...

So I have never had a lot of patience.  I can be empathetic.  I can be understanding.  But, I can rarely be patient.  I try my best not to be ridiculous. I have varying amounts of success at this.

Right now, I am waiting to hear about a new client - one that I REALLY want.  It's a non profit that is doing really cool things with sustainable charity - where for profit businesses fund non profit ventures.  After working with many philanthropies through the years, and seeing the constant need for donations, I am excited to see these innovative people find means to fund their charity that they control.  The new client works with lots of philanthropies that take on this business model, coaches them, finds grants for them etc.

I am having a very hard time waiting to hear about this client because I think this would be a great fit for me.  Finally, I potentially have a job that has meaningful and challenging work.  So, my excitement has caused me to have some definite ants in my pants.

Also, with all these back to school pictures floating around facebook, I want to also "get back to school."  I always enjoy a slower summer but come Fall, I'd like to be up and running.  It's just time to tackle some big things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment